Head Lice 101
Macon R-1 Head Lice Policy
Head Lice Exposure
Head Lice Treatment
CHECK LIST FOR HEAD LICE TREATMENT
- Use an approved medicated lice shampoo. Read the product instructions and follow them exactly.
- Machine wash all washable clothing, coats, bed linens, towels, stuffed toys, in hot water and detergent.
- Completely dry all clothes, bedding and etc. in a hot clothes dryer.
- Bag any non-washable clothing, book bags, stuffed toys, helmets, headphones, scarves, hair accessories and coats. Leave bagged at least two weeks.
- Vacuum all floors and furniture and car upholstery thoroughly.
- Disinfect all combs, brushes and hair items with the medicated lice shampoo or soaking them for 1 hour in 1 quart hot water and 1 ½ TBSP. Lysol.
- Remove ALL nits from hair shaft. Keep checking at least 3 times a week and keep removing nits.
- Check each member of the family for similar infestation and treat if needed. Notify friends/acquaintances who have had contact with the family.
- Tell your children not to share combs, hats, scarves, coats, and to not put their head close to other children. Lice is usually transmitted by children touching heads.